Sunday, February 16, 2014

Diwata

So I was trying to make blogging a weekly thing. Unfortunately, I don't think I could ever commit to updating this space regularly. As promised, here's one of my recent pen and ink drawings that a friend asked me to do.

"Diwata"
30 x 15"
pen and ink, 2014

This is not the biggest pen and ink drawing I've done but it sure is the most intricate. I tried counting the lines but I stopped when I reached 1,023. There's no point when I knew I had to deal with over a trillion lines, countless hours and several cups of coffee just to bring my friend's two-year wait to a halt. Thanks to her for being equally patient that I was able to pull this off.


I wish I could put more close-ups of the details but there's just too many. Anyway, below are some early line art I posted over at instagram. You can follow me HERE if you wanna get updated with the things I do aside from pen and ink.




Yes, there is a smaller drawing!:)
.

2 comments:

  1. It is wonderful to see your drawings again! Your details and creative style continue to amaze and thrill me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me oh my oh me oh my! That is inSANE! So much teeny tiny detail. It's incredible. You are incredible!!!

    ReplyDelete