Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Cut Above the Rest

I was not expecting any guest for my birthday except for the 5 persons I invited out to lunch. And an additional mouth meant no meals for me for the next 3 days. But I couldn't stand it thinking about a newcomer eating alone on her first day in work. So I looked inside my wallet, drew out my rosary and prayed for a miracle. It was the best birthday celebration ever. I know from the looks on their satisfied faces, the blissful smiles with meat stuck in between their teeth and by the way their bellies sagged and their feet hugged the way back to the office. The walk was highlighted by a friendly banter that ended up with my friends restraining me from hitting the newcomer!

That was the scene 3years ago and that's my imagination talking in the last sentence.

Gem couldn't stop laughing upon hearing this confession and she recounted that the lunch was not that good either. I knew I should have punched her that time!haha But it's very different now. As time went by I grew fond of her. She blossomed right before my eyes even before I could convince my self to call her my Girl GF. With the emphasis on the word girl for people mistake her for a she-man coz she would seriously maim those that talk to her breast, standing up for all the women and she-men of the world. This is my girl GF, a cut above the rest.

A Cut Above the Rest

"A Cut Above the Rest"
11 ¾ “ x 16 ½“

My very good friends Gem and DD commissioned me to do this artwork as my stand on women empowerment. I respect women but I honestly think that it was just my Girl GF's excuse for vanity.;) Check out the details, enjoy everyone.

27 comments:

  1. pumalakpak ako brad...nice! hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. salamat arno! bow naman ako sa 'yo.hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! bai, ayus kaayu!!!! Murag pwede design sa tattoo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ JC: Salamat bai, Mark asked me to do his back piece tattoo. Gusto mo?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoy bjorn! Kargado ka na naman. Tawa ako run sa unang paragraph. Para ka lang bangag. Haha.

    Astig yung artwork!

    Happy New Year!

    -Resty

    ReplyDelete
  6. boy bf... the artwork arrived here in bahrain and in good condition. =) i love you and i salute you... papano mo na perfect ung sa boob part? hahahaha!!!! kaw ha!!!! =) i miss u already... i'll see u again... hhmmwwaaahhh!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! nice one bjornik! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ resty: haha! mahirap talaga magbago. thanks for dropping by and happy new year to you too!:)

    @ Girl GF: finally a word from my muse. i'm glad to know that you're also safe. about the boob part, matagal ko na iniimagine yan and mukhang nakuha ko nga ata itsura. don't worry, your secret is safe from the others. as you can see, i covered them with my hand.haha

    @ rhodoramania: thank you, say hello to your choobi for me. take care!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your work is extraordinary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ lorena: hi! thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment. i also checked out your website and enjoyed your photo-dioramas and illustrations. brilliant work especially the trip to the moon series.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ang ganda!
    cut above the rest talaga!! :D
    for u Bjorn... 4 thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. simply brilliant. i was drawn to the 'neck'up, looks to me like an 'omer vessel. that much regard for women indeed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Peter: thank you. great silhouettes you have in your blog btw.
    @ Smileyisms: maraming salamat. i can just imagine you raising your feet too.haha
    @ Gingertea: thank you, you're one of the few who saw the intent Dan. galing, idol ka talaga!:P

    ReplyDelete
  14. :) im very proud of you! yey, my fellow bloggers keep visiting your blog because they love your works! You should be happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anak ng... ^&%$!#!!!... GANDAH. :-)

    wala akong masabi. idol! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow, 2 of my idols!
    @ Mall: maraming salamat. glad you dropped by kahit busy ka. good luck sa business plan niyo.
    @ Palma Tayona: hahaha! maraming salamat. natuwa naman ako at napahanga ko akong idol!:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. kuya bjorn, hello. sis ako ni pat-pat. ok enough introduction. you're not selling this, i suppose? very nice. bagay kaau ni sa akong living room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. @ Mode Junkie: hi cai, thanks for dropping by. actually this is a commissioned artwork that is now in Bahrain. and i'm selling my pen & inks for a very affordable price. you can see half of the series HERE just leave me a message if you're interested. but you should wait for my 2009 series. i think you'll love them.:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hats off!!!
    Your drawings are absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Holy COW! I bow down to you. Such incredible, beautiful, and whimsical detail, each stroke made with architectural precision. Wow! I could get lost in your art for days, and you'd never find me.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you Vhrsti and Bella. That was the most flattering comment I've received ever since I started blogging.hahaha And more thank for giving credit to my profession, you make me blush!:P

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow! amazing from concept to execution.. your work is always inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just discover your blog. Very good work! Good Inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Another gorgeous piece, Bjornik! It's so much fun to see what you've posted.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is seriously unbelieveable.

    I also love your words.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Bjornik! I received a blog award that I'd like to pass on to you... Check out this page for the details: http://valerielorimer.blogspot.com/

    No worries if you're not into the whole tagging thing, I hope you don't mind that I linked you. I'm such a big fan of your work.

    Take care!
    val

    ReplyDelete